Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taking time to Stop


My sweet little girl is getting so big.  As I watched her playing in her big brothers cozy coupe car I had visions of that commercial where the dad is giving driving instructions to the little girl sitting in the drivers seat of the car and she looks like she is about 6 years old. Then they come back to her and she is really a teenager but the dad still sees her as his little girl.  Leah is already 7 months old and I know that if I blink she will be that teenager driving away in my car.  God really spoke to my heart in that moment and reminded me of how quickly time goes by and helped me evaluate how I am spending my time. Things have been really crazy around here with the move and I realized I have not invested as much time in my children lately as I should be. Sometimes we just need to slow down and remember what is really important in life. 
She really is a good driver... for 7 months :)

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Awwww - what a sweetheart!! Can't believe she is into Chase's big toys already!! You are the best Mommy, Jenny... don't stress too much over the move and take some time to smell the roses..... or spit up and poop as the case may be. Love - Grammie