Saturday, October 29, 2011

Your friendly Kroger store

So I was pretty perturbed with my children on Thursday afternoon. They both decided not to take a nap which equaled no down time for Momma!  On the positive side, since they decided not to nap I suddenly had some open time to do my grocery shopping.  Kroger here we come...

Well guess what? Thursday afternoon my local Kroger store was having a trick or treat kids afternoon.  They had over 12 stations set up for kids to play games, decorate cookies, make crafts, candy apples, and trick or treat.  My kids hit the jackpot!  Chase ate 6 cookies, popcorn, candy, apple cider, chocolate milk, and a snow cone, all within an hour.  Don't worry Leah was not left out of the sugar fest. She had 2 cookies and someone gave her a tootsie pop in which she ate the entire thing like a professional.  Needless to say then I had two overly tired kids hyped up on sugar. They had a wonderful time. Next year I will pay closer attention and we will make sure to dress up like most of the kids that were there.  I did not have my camera and did not think about taking pictures with my phone until our last station...

Thanks Kroger, you made a potentially very bad afternoon a pretty darn good one!

2 comments:

Grammie said...

And Chase was already a pro... since HE got ring toss for his BD!!! What a surprise to find games and free things at the grocery store!! I am afraid you all are going to like MICHIGAN just TOOOOO much!!! Grammie

The Carters said...

SIX Cookies - that is hilarious :) Gotta LOVE halloween!!