Thursday, June 26, 2014

It's a bubbly bunch of coconuts!

Chase has been begging me for months now to buy a coconut every time we have gone to the grocery store.  On my part this is a big mom fail because when your kids are asking to be adventurous and try new things it is my personal opinion that you should not crush their hearts of curiosity. In reality I just did not want to mess with a coconut.  I am not sure where he got this need for a coconut from but yesterday at the store I finally grabbed a coconut.  Chase was sooooooo excited!


A proud coconut papa!  And then let the fun begin...



A slightly scary sight...


Finally with a couple of good whacks from Chase, we had a cracked coconut! 



I wish I would have gotten pictures when Chase finally got to try his coconut but I didn't so I will just have to say that opening it was the fun part and tasting it nearly made him throw up.  Guess we have another non-coconut lover in the house.  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's so funny that he got it into his head that he wanted to try a coconut. Too bad it wasn't as good as maybe he'd hoped. At least it wasn't a total waste since it looked like Chase and Leah had lots of fun opening it up. Tell Chase in a few years, that coconut will be a lot better mixed with some rum. :)