Friday, August 22, 2014

Growing up

Chase started Kindergarten on Wednesday.  Just saying it causes a small pain in my heart.  My baby is growing up.  Thinking of the moment I would drop him off would almost bring tears to my eyes. It is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.  Five days a week, up early, reading, writing, arithmetic, homework, folders, packing lunch bags.  The day finally arrived and as I looked into his sweet eyes I realized that there is no more baby in him.  He is all boy and growing by the minute...


When we pulled up to school one of his best buddies arrived at the same time and had picked the same color shirt as Chase.  As I got back in the car and drove away I realized that in their excitement to see each other and the chaos at the door of his room, I wasn't given the opportunity to process his big day and the tears did not flow like I had imagined they would.  Whew! One less public mommy meltdown the better ;).


So far I have done well at packing his lunch bag and filling his water bottle, checking his homework folder and completing the worksheets with him.  One week (half a week) down and we are in full motion.  Chase is attending a private school, New Covenant and we are excited about his level of excitement for school.  He wasn't too excited about homework the first day but quickly realized that it was manageable.  He only goes half a day (8-12) so he comes home ready for lunch and tired from the morning activity but seems to be adjusting well.  This mommy is adjusting to getting up early as well and getting life in motion before the sun comes up.  Here's to a great year!

No comments: