Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween everyone! I hope everyone had a good time either gathering or giving out lots of candy last night!  We have had a fun time all fall leading up to halloween.  The kids went to the pumpkin patch and picked out their "prized" pumpkin.  I tried to get a picture of all three kids and failed miserably.


That is about as good as it gets.  I really need to take a photography class, not that it will help my children look at me and smile but maybe it will teach me the settings I should be using on my camera to help better capture the moments.  Ok, sorry for the tangent...


After we had our "prized" pumpkin, we needed to turn it into a jack-o-lantern.  Luckily our sweet friends Nichole, Perry, and Tate invited us over for a pumpkin party.  The "goo" is the best part...





This is the face that the kids helped create and Daddy carved....


The main event was painting the pumpkins...



That's our buddy Tate next to Chase...


And Henley hung out and watched....


Last Sunday our friends invited us to go Trunk or treating at their church.  The kids loved dressing up and playing games and of course getting more candy...




As you see she have a spider girl and a wolverine and we can't forget about Henley...




The Cutest flower I have ever seen!!!


Again an attempt of a group shot, not too bad but still need lots of help! Both kids had parties at school on friday which I forgot to bring my camera to but they had lots of fun sharing treats with friends and playing games.  Their main event was trick or treating at the nursing home that is next door to their school.  The residents of Anderson Place really enjoyed getting to see the kids in their costumes and of course the kids loved getting MORE candy.

Halloween night Kevin and I hosted our 2nd annual trick or treat bash.  Everyone came over for soup and snacks and when the sun went down the kids headed out to trick or treat.


We had potato soup, vegetable soup, and a chicken and wild rice stew. YUM!



We also had ghost pretzels and candy, and candy pumpkins and of course pumpkin roll.


We had a wonderful time with friends and have more candy than any one person should ever eat. I would say the night was a success!  Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Everyone looks great! I have to agree, Henley is the cutest flower I've seen. We dropped the ball on Halloween this year and Connor only dressed up with the babysitter, but at least he got to wear his costume and get out with the other kids. We'll go all out next year to make up for this year.

Love those "baskets" for collecting candy. :)