No I am not pregnant, we are not announcing another McMahan baby. We have said goodbye to a very faithful member of our family....
and hello/welcome to a new member of our family that will hopefully treat us as well as the old one had....
On Friday we got a 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE!
Even for you non van lovers out there you have to admit, she looks sharp doesn't she. Kevin had found the van at a local dealer before July 4th weekend and of course on Monday he went and looked at it. On Tuesday we went out and drove the van. On Wednesday, Kevin got Strep throat and decided since we were leaving for Florida on Saturday and that their was no way we could sell the old van before we were leaving, that there was no way we could go through with buying the new van. On Wednesday night Kevin got a text from an interested party to buy my van and Thursday evening my van was sold, leaving us without a vehicle one day before we were leaving for the beach. Needless to say Friday we were able to purchase the new van! Please forgive the messy pictures. Kevin stayed up really late Friday night detailing the van and was unable to get pictures until we were at our first stop on our road trip...
So far so good, it has gotten us to Florida very comfortably with all kinds of cool features the old van did not have. My favorite is the power lift gate but after driving 500 miles with the kids, I think I am really going to like a lot of the cool features of this van!
3 comments:
HOW EXCITING! She looks VERY nice!
Congrats! A "new" car purchase is always exciting, even if it is a van. ;) But I'll be nice since my general opinion is once a family has 3+ kids then I think the "need" for a van becomes much more justified. An Excursion would be cooler though. ;) But it definitely looks clean and I'm digging the color. I hope she treats you well for its first trip and for many miles & years to come.
Funny, that guy in the background of the front seat photo, with his back to the camera outside your driver side door......looks like Jerry from the back!
Post a Comment