The trail was created over an old railroad line that used to run from Pickens to Easley which explains why there is an old rusty trail at the trailhead. We had packed our lunch so we had all we needed and we headed out on the trail.
The trail really is beautiful. It flows through peoples front and back yards, and by old factories that probably used to receive deliveries from the railroad. We were enjoying our ride but after about 3 miles the little legs that were peddling with us started to get tired. We found a shady spot and took a break for some lunch. Since we were not quite half way to the other end we decided it was best to turn around at this point and head back. I had to work that night so I needed to get back and get some rest and the kids were wearing out.
I highly recommend giving the trail a try. We will certainly be heading back at some point in time! When we got back home I laid down to rest but Kevin allowed the kids to "cool" down in a fun way.
Nothing like a little hose spraying the trampoline to add a little extra fun to a hot day.
Hope everyone is doing well! We send our virtual love your way!








No comments:
Post a Comment