Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my 29th birthday! And yes, I really turned 29. Not that perpetual 29th birthday that most people get stuck on.  It was an angelic day of sitting around being pampered with my feet up.  Ok, so maybe the angels weren't singing and well with 2 kids maybe I didn't get to put my feet up much but it was a wonderful day.  Kevin called throughout the day and sang happy birthday and then would get Chase on the phone and remind him to tell me happy birthday.  So sweet!  A dear friend brought me breakfast and coffee and the kids played.  I received lots of happy birthday wishes and phone calls and felt much love.  I allowed Chase to not take a nap and we snuggled on the couch and watched a movie.  Kevin brought me one of my favorite foods for dinner...

All the yummy flavors


Yep you guessed it, Wild Wings chicken wings.  Sorry for the ugly bones picture but we were too hungry to wait for pictures. And then with Chase's persistent urging we had a new favorite of mine...


A sweet cream and butterfinger icecream cake from Marble Slab.  Sweet cream and butterfinger is my favorite combination from marble slab so Kevin figured that he couldn't go wrong with that in a cake.  Then I, well actually Chase, opened my cards and present.  Thank you everyone for the sweet cards.  Kevin, with some helpful hints from a friend got me a beautiful Charm bracelet with charms for each of the kids, mothers day, and our anniversary date. 



Thank you to everyone who made my day very special!

3 comments:

Grammie said...

What is that first BD picture of????

Vanessa said...

So glad you had a great birthday!

Grammie said...

Love the new background and thanks for sharing the ice cream cake!! Grammie