Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Florida part 2

It's not supposed to rain when you are on a beach vacation but luckily for us there is always a backup plan, shopping! Saturday we woke up to an overcast, rainy day so we loaded up the minivan and headed to the surf shops and then to the mall. Not only did I make out with a new bathing suit so did Leah....



Thanks mom! After a day of rainy shopping we headed back and Robyn pounded out some chicken for us to throw on the grill...


While dinner was cooking we played a quick game of rummikub.


After dinner we decided to head out and grab a movie. Luckily the rain had stopped so we were able to walk over to the Winn Dixie to the red box. Here is the walking crew...


The condo DVD player was skipping and freezing so we all crammed on the couch around Steph to watch the movie on her laptop. That was one way for us all to get "close" fast. Sunday was slightly overcast with some sun peeking through the clouds. We made it down to the beach for a couple of hours where it would sprinkle rain for two minutes and then the sun would come out. It didn't stop me from enjoying my time on the beach! It did however stop us from walking the mile and a half to the local pier/shops aka Johns pass. Instead of walking we decided to drive in case the bottom fell out of the sky.


I am proud of my parallel parking job in the compact parking spot. I had plenty of onlookers with it being in front of the bathrooms and even got some cheers once I was in place. We found a food joint on the pier and settled in for some lunch.





After some shopping we headed back towards the condo with a quick stop at a place that is one of my fondest childhood memories, the candy kitchen.






Need I say anymore? You can't go wrong with a place like that. For dinner we ventured across the street from the condo to a place called The Daiquiri Deck. It is also a place I remember going with my grandparents growing up but I think this was the first time I was old enough to enjoy a daiquiri.



I think it was called a mangolada and if you have no restraint you could drink "olada" them because it was yummy! The food was very good and the atmosphere was fun. I will wrap up my Florida post with a picture of all the wonderful ladies that mean so much to me and I am so grateful that I was able to have some dedicated time with them all...



I think I am sold on a yearly girls trip! This was also the first time I had been down to my grandparents condo since my grandfather past away and it was the perfect place to celebrate the start of a new decade for me. It was also so fun for me to share a place that means so much to me with people that mean so much to me! Thanks Kevin for planning such an amazing birthday on so many different levels!

No comments: