Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow, April 9th, Kevin and I will have been married for 8 years. I can not believe how fast 8 years have gone by. It seems like yesterday we were walking down the isle. We have had a lot of great times in the past 8 years and Kevin decided to surprise me this year with a trip to downtown Chicago to make some more great memories.



We headed out on Thursday and were so excited to arrive in Chicago and get to our hotel, The Drake.



We had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan from our room.



It only took us moments to get settled and we were ready to start exploring the city. Kevin had a couple of months to research Chicago and his mission for the weekend was to EAT!


First on the list was a well known pizzeria, Giordano's. Instead of waiting for your table they take your cell number, you pre-order your pizza, and then they send you a text when your table is ready. So instead of standing around for an hour we walked around the city and checked out some fun stores.









Once we received our text we were good and ready for some yummy pizza. Giordano's is known for their stuffed pizza and here is the money shot...



We managed to eat 3 slices each and when the waiter came to pick up our tray he commented that not many people can finish an entire pizza. These comments would become the theme of the weekend and we weren't sure if we were supposed to feel insulted or proud.



We spent the rest of our first evening walking around getting a feel for our surroundings and lining up a few activities for the coming days. Day one we had beautiful weather with temps in the mid 50's, good food, and really enjoyed walking around the city. More to come....

3 comments:

Grammie said...

Did Kevin rent that car for the evening? Grammie

Stephanie said...

The McHusband and I went to Giordano's when we visited Chicago several years back, but I don't remember it working the way you described. Instead, I remember waiting for FOR.EV.ER in a restaurant that smelled like heaven while I watched other people's pizzas go by.

Can't wait to see what else you ate!

And by the way, if I'd been there with you, we really could've impressed your waiter with just how much we McWives can eat. :)

Ryan said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Looks like you had a great time.