Saturday, October 18, 2014

Henley 6 months

 Henley is now 6 months old!  I cannot believe how quickly 6 months have gone by.



Our sweet little girl is catching up in her vital stats.  At her 6 month appt she weighted 13lbs 11ozs putting in the 10th percentile and was 2ft 1.5 inches putting her in the 36th percentile.  I think a lot of her 13 lbs is muscle because she feels solid and is pretty strong.  She is working on sitting up on her own and is close to staying balanced.  I think she is too busy to sit, every time I try to leave her sitting she starts reaching for whatever is close to her.



Her complexion is a little orange/yellow from eating so much of her favorite food which is sweet potatoes.  She is showing some unfavorable preferences in the eating department.  She likes sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, green beans, and a couple mixes of veggies.  She however will not eat any fruit and if she doesn't like something she just spits it right back at you. I have a feeling it is going to be a process.  Last night I did get her to eat 2/3 of a banana with dinner.  She has her bottom teeth coming though so her favorite snacks to chew are baby mum mums and puffs.

She still is a joyful little angel.  She readily gives smiles to anyone around her and can brighten any dark day.  She is starting to find her voice trying to make the "da" sound.  Other than that she is like her bother and sister and just likes to compete for the loudest in the house.  She is ticklish but her laugh is a combination of a scream and weird chuckle.  I have been trying to get a video of her but have not had the right opportunity.  Her other new talent is getting to whatever it is that she wants.




The other night at bedtime she was hanging out in Leah's room (not near the bed) and Kevin and I were not paying a bit of attention to her trying to get the big kids ready for bed.  Sometime later we heard a noise coming from under the bed and low and behold we found Henley trying to play hide n seek.  Silly girl.  Each day gets more and more exciting with her as she gets more active.  She is getting up on her knees and hands and rocking. I am dreading her crawling because I still need to go though the house and "baby" proof it (clean up all small toys).  I have a feeling she is going to be like her sister and never stop moving!  Happy 6 months Henley!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No fruit? Doesn't she know that's the candy of real food?! I'm sure she'll come around. Henley has Connor beat in the teeth department; we're still waiting for our first ones to pop through.

She's a cutie! Does it look like she might be your brown-eyed girl after all?