I think the reason I have delayed/struggled on doing this post is because the reason we headed to New York at the end of March is because my Grandmother (My Dad's Mom) passed away. She was 82 years old and died of cancer in her home.
My Grandmother LOVED family. My Dad's other siblings, 3 brother's and 1 sister, still live in Jamestown NY. So when we would travel north for a visit my Grandma would go through hoops to gather all the family together as many times as she could get us together in the time frame we would be there. She would cook and stress over there being enough food for everyone and even as a young child I could tell how much she enjoyed having everyone there at her home. Well as you can guess with 5 children, 11 grandchildren, and now 11 great-grandchildren the idea of getting everyone together who live across several states would be nearly impossible. Well I know that my Grandmother was smiling down on her family being all together to celebrate her life. It was so fun to get to see all my cousins and watch our kids together. We love you Grandma and you are missed!
While in NY my other Grandmother lives in a nursing home so we made sure to make a visit to her our first stop in Jamestown.
Grandma LOVES babies and took Henley in her arms as quickly as she could.
We really enjoyed our time with Grandma and even though we know she won't remember us being there we know that we brightened a moment in her day.
Another Jamestown must have is the PIZZA...
When my parents first moved to Charlotte from Jamestown long before I was around my Dad opened his own pizza shop. I grew up eating this yummy pizza until around 10 years old when my Dad sold the business. We look forward to this yumminess and enjoyed every bite!
Jamestown NY in March is not really a fun place. They are still getting snow mixed with some rain and it is just cold and yucky. Our kids however thought it was the coolest place on earth and looked like the crazy kids out playing in the muddy ice/snow. Their cousins thought they were crazy (I wish I would have gotten pics of them together). Our van also suffered from the driving in snow and ice and when we got home Kevin could not leave it looking like it did for long...
Now let me preface this with the fact that we drove through the night and neither Kevin or myself had any sleep when we got home Saturday morning. It didn't stop Kevin from washing the van...
AAAHHHH.... much better. And for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to move the furniture around in our room in order to hang our TV on our wall. AND you know if you are going to be moving furniture around you HAVE to clear it out and steam clean the carpet. RIGHT?!? I know we are crazy, no sleep and we thought this was a good idea...
P.S. that is the kitchen our future is in, Kevin was about to start re-tiling our kitchen floor. (I told you March was a busy month).
See it looks so good....
Oh and I almost forgot for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to gut the refrigerator and clean every last inch of it...
I sadly confess that I had not cleaned my fridge in an unspeakable amount of time. You know when the McMahan's do something, it has to be done right!
Leah looks like Kevin and I felt. I report that this is the first time EVER this child has fallen asleep on the couch and not only did she fall asleep but it was almost impossible to wake her up. Poor baby. Needless to say it took a while for us all to recover from our crazy day after driving home.

1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your grandma, but it sounds like in the end, she got what she wanted - everyone together. :)
I am VERY familiar with those McMahan genes that drive those men to do such crazy things! :)
Post a Comment