Monday, March 28, 2011

Homeless



Well it is official we are HOMELESS!  Ok, so maybe I don't need to be so dramatic, we are not homeless we are just officially renters for at least the next 2 years of our lives.  We officially closed on the sale of our house this morning, removing one very large burden from our plates allowing us to take the next steps on our new big adventure!  We will be renting back from the buyers until the 29th of April when we will be leaving for Detroit. 
 

The picture to the left is one of our house before we purchased it a little over 6 years ago. The one to the right was taken recently.   I know you really can't see much of a difference.  Over the years we painted the shutters black and changed landscaping timbers to stone.
 
Again the picture to the left is before we bought our house and the one to the right is following some changes we made. The previous owner had wood beams that ran across both the kitchen and living room cutting off the vaulted ceiling.  While it gave the home a nice country feel we were looking for more of a contemporary feel that was not hard to get once we removed the beams and changed some paint and wallpaper. 
previous owner

1st room re-do





Final

2nd room re-do

And this was one of my favorite changes we made over the years in this home.  The picture to the top left is again how the previous owners kept the room.  Kevin and I painted the room a dark green and I hated it as soon as we finished. Kevin refused to re-paint the room because I picked out the color.  Eventually when he went out of town my friends Christine and Leigh-ann helped me to re-paint the room and put up a chair rail.  It looked so much better.  Of course then as Chase got older we decided to make the room more for him and painted it again! We had so much fun making a transportation room with trucks, tractors, cars, and roads.  He loves his room and I think he will miss it when we move.  

We will really miss this home. It has a lot of our 1st moments and has been very good to us.  It was of course our first home. The place we first came back to after we were married. The home both of our children came home to after they were born.   It is however time to move on and make fun new memories in new places. 




2 comments:

Grammie said...

I know your goal was NOT to make Grammie CRY!!! Hugs to all and best of wishes..... Love Grammie

Ryan said...

Congrats guys!