Friday, September 2, 2011

Mischief


I really do not know what to do with this little monkey.  I had this cabinet open and she just crawled right in and started playing like it was her own personal play house.  She is into everything. As I type she is opening my bathroom drawers and trying to get the Q-tips out.  Even thought the drawer is much taller than she is I have no doubt she will succeed and in a minute I will be pulling them out of her hands.  I know that every kid goes tough this exploration phase and wants to be in everything they shouldn't but there is just something about Leah's sweet smile and demeanor that makes her much more mischievous than her brother ever was/is.  When she picks up a rock outside and I call her name she quickly hides it behind her back and smiles at me. Or when you fuss at her at the dinner table for feeding the dogs she grins and giggles. My friend Lindsay sent me a text yesterday with a picture attached of her 2 year olds recent color composition with a purple crayon on her wall.  I have to be honest and say pre second mischievous child the judgmental thought of "how could you let that happen," would have crossed my mind.  Now, like most judgmental thoughts I have had, God is teaching me the truth.  Earlier this week, Leah gave my iphone a bath in the dog water bowl.  I never let her play with my phone. She was in my lap at a table where my phone was and I was talking to another mom. When I put her down I did not realize she had my phone and before I realized it, it was swimming in the dog water bowl.  I mean REALLY! I know we have much more future mischief to come from our sweet little Leah. 

No comments: