Monday, December 19, 2011

Party party!

One thing that the Christmas season never fails to bring is fun parties!  The night after my cookie decorating class I got to experience my first ever cookie exchange.  I hate to say that I did not take the time to individually decorate 4 dozen cookies but I made some very yummy chocolate crinkle cookies. I will share that recipe sometime soon.  I loved having the girl time and was amazed at the variety of cookies that everyone made. 

Some made their favorite childhood cookie or the cookie they made every year but most of us (me included) took the opportunity to try a new recipe.   New recipe or old they were very yummy. Thanks girls for the good time.

Saturday night our friends Robyn and Derrick hosted a Christmas party at their house.  We had lots of yummy foods and treats. 

While the ladies were getting the food ready, the men folk kept an eye on the kids in the basement. 
Chase found himself some older girls at the party and would not leave them alone. After he finished eating dinner he stood up and asked, "Where are my girls?"  They were really good with him and he did not want to leave them.  Thanks Robyn and Derrick for hosting, we had a wonderful evening with friends!

Then Sunday night our lifegroup also had a Christmas party.  This party took a strange twist as it was Minute to Win It themed.  A couple of our friends are crazy about the TV game show Minute to Win It so they took the time to come up with the games for us to have a fun night.  Sorry about the quality of pictures, I forgot my camera which was a big bummer!




Watching this game made me laugh so hard I cried... several times.  If you are looking for a fun game night and your friends are willing to take part, this was a really fun idea! 

4 comments:

Grammie said...

Guess we will find out on Friday.. but is Kevin not shaving his head anymore... or just hadn't had the time before the party? You all have a LOT of fun in MI!! Can't believe you had not ever been to a cookie exchange..........coming from someone who has about 40 yrs of married life on you... and I haven't been to one EITHER!!! Love, Grammie

G'ma said...

WHAT A HOOT! I've not ever watched the show... maybe needs to go on our play list! What the heck were the boys doing with the soda cans?

Kevin said...

No mom, same hair cut (shaved once a week), it just didn't get done until that night :-).

Re: the cans. The game was to use a fettuccine noodle to hook the tab of three cans and move them from the chair to the table stacking them in a pyramid using only our mouths. You could not touch the cans with anything but the noodle.

Grammie said...

Kleenex shake hurts my back..............but I am OLD Grammie