Saturday, January 21, 2012

Date night!

Two of my favorite words when put together, DATE NIGHT. Last Tuesday night Kevin and I were able to get a babysitter and get out of the house!  We hit up our favorite Italian joint, Antonio's for dinner.  Kevin and I both eat super healthy when we go there. Carbs, bacon, and butter are healthy right?  If they were I think we would all be much happier people :). 

After dinner we headed downtown Detroit to the Cobo Center.  One of the perks of living in this area, that Kevin has been waiting patiently for, is the International Auto show.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera (so mad at myself for that) so you will have deal with the not so good phone pictures.
I have been to many auto shows in the last 11 years I have known Kevin but I have never seen anything as glitzy and elaborately done as this auto show.  There were cars on tracks on the wall...
There were cars on their sides...
Lincoln had an elaborate section and featured their MKZ concept car...
Looking through the Lincoln display took us into the very elaborate Ford area.  At this point I think we were still shell shocked at how how large the auto show is.  The cars went on farther than you could see and were all so well displayed.  The Ford area was demoing a new stereo system with a "ride"...
It is what you see in the top left of the picture (looks like a UFO).  You sat down in a roller-coaster type seat and it took you up to experience the new sound.  We would have loved to have experienced it ourselves but the wait was over an hour and time is ticking when you have a babysitter.  Since I won't be able to do justice to some of the cars we took pictures of I will just let the pictures tell the story...
And lastly Chase's hot wheels car on its own track :).  We had a good time checking out all the cars and really enjoyed some adult only time. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Now THAT'S how to do a car show! :) I, too, have been to my fair share of them and this one definitely looks like an awesome one.

Grammie said...

Your camera got the idea across just fine....Next year... and then you can do calendars for the Mcmahan Men!! Grammie

Ryan said...

And THAT is what I call a "date night!" :)