Friday, February 24, 2012

Better late than never

I feel the need to apologize for my lack of blogging lately. It's not that we haven't been doing things, I have just not had the motivation to document them. Sorry!

Tuesday morning they were calling for rain with a possible winter mix. I can quote the weather man stating that it would just be a wet morning with no accumulation because it would be to warm. Well I guess the weather people up here are not any better at playing God than the weather men in the south because this is what we got....






I am not complaining by any means. Chase was so excited to have some fresh snow to play in instead of his icy plow piles at the end of the street.









I do have to give the weather people some credit because the snow was all gone by late afternoon. The snowfall changed to rain and melted everything pretty quickly. We however took advantage of every minute we could in the snow! We are getting more snow this morning and I hope it is enough for us to get out tomorrow and go sledding. We will see!

On a completely unrelated topic, I wanted to share with everyone the massive squirrels that live up here. Kevin caught one on camera the other day in our front tree.


Looks like he/she is posing for the camera. When we first moved here it took us a while to figure out they were squirrels. Guess they take storing up for the winter seriously up here!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That squirrel is scary! What the heck do they eat - small cats? They definitely don't grow 'em like that down here (and for that I'm grateful).

Ryan said...

I think he looks cool/cute. I like their brown color as well. Maybe you can get Kevin to catch a few (and not Dad's kind of "catch") and bring them back to NC next time you come. :)

Grammie said...

I don't want any of those HUGE brown squirrels brought South thank you!. I agree with Aunt steph! Grammie
Sure looks like Chase enloys the snow!