Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Future Hockey Star

Today we glided into a new adventure and tried not to break any bones.  We headed to the Farmington Hills Ice Arena to try out ice skating.  Despite my clumsiness, Chase showed pretty impressive stability and continued willingness to keep trying. Take a look at our future hockey star...
The ice rink had walkers for the kids to use to help them learn balance.
Chase wanted nothing to do with the walker.  He wanted to go on his own from the start and every time he fell he got right back up and kept on going.  I had a hard time keeping up with him because Leah was not supposed to be on the ice but of course did not want to miss out on the fun. It made for an interesting adventure.  We probably only spent 15 minutes on the ice but it was enough for Chase to fall in love with skating.  What is the best part about skating, the after ice treat...
I know there will be more ice skating in our future.  Before I leave you for today, I wanted to share some pictures from our snow fun this past weekend.
Kevin shoveled some snow to make a good play pile for the kids and then he and Chase had some fun building.
Chase was really excited about their igloo and was hoping that animals would use it to keep warm.
I love my boys!! Leah didn't last outside as long as the boys, so she hung out inside with me.  I got some pictures of her "cheesin."
Every time she sees the camera now she says "cheese". It is so cute! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Looks like the helmet was giving him more trouble than the walker!
I know Kevin enjoyed building that igloo...he probably had not done that before! Grammie