After picking up the kids in Charlotte following a fun filled week with their Grandparents we headed further south to Anderson, South Carolina. On Saturday June 1st we pulled up to our new house. For those who haven’t heard we were able to purchase a new home that we are very excited about!
We had purchased the house as a bank owned foreclosure so it was/is in need of some TLC. We were able to get some things done prior to us arriving on the 1st. The work being done included some dry wall work, hardwood floors on the main level, tile in the kitchen, fencing in the back yard, and new paint on every wall. We were very grateful that this could be done thanks to a friend doing and overseeing all of the work for us before we arrived to move in. What we didn’t anticipate was the mess that is typically created when a house is under so much construction…
Kevin and I quickly realized that we would be spending the entire night cleaning to get the house ready for our stuff to arrive the next morning. With every room receiving some sort of work, there was a lot to be cleaned.
To keep the kids busy Kevin and I had bought them new scooters as a welcome to your new home gift. Chase had been asking for a scooter for sometime so he was very excited.
Bright and early Sunday morning with only a couple hours of sleep the door bell rang with the moving truck out front ready to get started.
As soon as my mailbox flag made it off the truck I had to hang my new flag that Grammie gave me! The movers made quick work of unloading the truck and luckily got all our furniture in the house before it started raining which turned to pouring. By 3 pm the movers were done and we were left with the task of unpacking. Dear friends of ours, The Behern’s, came over to bring us lunch and then stayed through dinner helping us to unpack!
Some boxes we opened had some very special contents in them…
Chase and Leah kept busy destroying boxes for us and helping unpack them from time to time. As we slowly got unloaded it was nice to get little glimpses of what rooms would look like once they were settled.
Kevin didn’t return to work until Thursday so until then he grew a little stubble. He debated leaving it to grow a beard, but I vetoed that idea! I will post more on our new house sometime soon but before I close this post I want to share a picture of the surprise mural Kevin had painted in our garage…
A beautiful depiction of our home with the reminder of our purpose!
3 comments:
The mural.....WOW!
The mess on the stove and may other things I am sure...WOW!
The surprises found in boxes...WOW!
The whole process....WOW!
The "beard"..... Not so much!
Looks very nice, can't wait to see it in person. Where are the pics of the important stuff... the attached and detached garage!
And I say go for the beard. :)
Post a Comment