Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tinker Toys for Big Boys

IMG_8251
IMG_8252
IMG_8253
We ordered a playground for the kids and it finally arrived on Friday evening.  Kevin didn’t waist anytime opening the boxes and sorting out all the pieces.  The build was rated to take 16 hours with two people working, not a small undertaking but a fun challenge!  Saturday morning Kevin was up and out working by 9:30 am and worked practically continuously throughout the day…
IMG_8258 IMG_8261
And into the night. I think he called it a night around 10 pm.
IMG_8267
At the end of day one Kevin had made it thought 19 of the 50 steps to build the play set.  He used a good amount of his “tinker toys” or maybe they were more like Lincoln logs…
IMG_8269
Day two started around 11 am and with determination continued well into the night. 
IMG_8270
IMG_8271
The slide was the last piece to go together and was rated at 3 hours and we found out why. By we I mean this was the only step that Kevin required assistance with.  It it would have been earlier in the day and/or daylight out I suspect he could have done it without any help.  Finally around 1 am the project was complete!
IMG_8280
IMG_8277
The kids were super excited Monday morning and ready to get to playing.
IMG_8283
IMG_8288
By 11:30 our mulch had arrived and our new playground was complete!
IMG_8293

3 comments:

Grammie said...

WOW...that looks really nice...can't believe Kevin did it in this humidity,!! I heard it was a "park".... Know everyone will enjoy it! So nice to have a back yard again!

Ryan said...

Looks like a nice play ground. I bet the kids are loving it.

Stephanie said...

I know Kevin took the time estimated to put this thing together as a personal challenge. Looks like he did an awesome job and I know Chase and Leah will love having a "park" in their backyard. And that slide looks like fun; think the big kids'll fit? :)