One aspect of the house that has needed major improvement has been the landscaping. Last year we made drastic improvements in that area just by cleaning up the yard, trimming bushes, and putting down LOTS of mulch. Here are some pics of the house before any changes...
After some clean up it looked much better!
It actually looked like a presentable yard again. Well this year as spring started to set in and the "grass" began to green again we quickly realized that what was greening was weeds and not grass. What we already knew but were denying also became apparent, which was that we had no grass, only green weeds. Poor Chase made the mistake of walking through our back yard without shoes on and was greeted with pain in his feet from prickles that had to be removed with tweezers. At this point we had already decided to take more drastic measures to get a nice yard but this helped cement our decision. Last week the trackers came in and began tearing up and regrading our yard in preparation for sod.
After the old was removed and the yard was regraded we were left with a nice dirt yard...
Chase took advantage of the situation to do some bug collecting...
The next day a tractor trailer hauled in our sod...
And as quickly as we didn't have grass the yard was transformed before our eyes...
You may call me weird but I love to mow the grass. I am so excited to get to mow actual grass and not to be covered in dirt and dust but actual grass clippings. Kevin and I might just be fighting over who gets to mow the grass... I wonder how long that will last for :).


3 comments:
I'll be the first - you're crazy! :) But I can't talk - I love to vacuum. The grass looks great, and I know you guys and the kids are excited to see the sod and play out there without fear of getting hurt.
I bet Chase loved bug hunting! Looks nice, now just water water! Then you can mow and mow! Grammie
Holy WOW! You guys don't play around, lol. But I suppose when you know it's your forever home, or at least a home you foresee yourselves in for a long time it's definitely worth it. Looks awesome! Wish we could bring ourselves to do the same but I don't see us here any more than 2 more years so...
Post a Comment