Monday, May 5, 2014

Our Babies

One of the things we have realized after having our first child is how quickly the days and the years fly by with your children.  I remember counting down the hours and minutes each day when I was home with Chase, even wishing them to fly by.  I remember wanting the next stage of life to start without even enjoying the current stage we were in.  I wanted him to roll over, sit up, eat solids, crawl, walk, and especially talk.  As each of those stages came and went I eventually realized how precious each was and a part of me longed for them back.  Needless to say with each addition to our family I have learned to cherish each moment, not just with the new addition but with everyone.  You only get every moment once and then it is gone.  Here is a sneak peak of each of our babies when they were all newborns...


Each uniquely different and slightly similar, each hand crafted by God.


They grow and change so quickly.  We cannot deny they are siblings, each so precious.

Henley is now a little over 3 weeks old, approaching one month. She is finally out growing her newborn clothes but still snuggles, sleeps with her hands above her head, and curls her legs up like a newborn.  Each moment cherished.  She is sleeping longer stretches at night, sometimes between 7-8 hours.  She likes to be warm and snuggled. She likes her bath as long as she is in the warm water.  She doesn't like the evenings between 7pm and 9pm.  Everything else is hit or miss.  We are so in love with our new addition.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the comparison photos! I can't believe Henley's already outgrowing her newborn clothes. I think Connor was still in a few of his through 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe Henley will follow in her big sister's footsteps and be a tall girl.