I am terrified and excited as we begin to see the transition from summer to fall up here. The days are starting to get shorter, it is quite chilly in the morning and the evenings, and "tastes" of fall are starting to appear. This weekend the Farmington farmers market hosted the annual corn roast.
The farmers market was packed full of venders and making our way though to the corn roast we found some great muffins and cinnamon bread from a couple of bakeries. Chase managed to find the chocolate vender and conned us into getting him a cake pop. Finally we made it though to the corn roast...
 |
| Roasted to perfection |
 |
| Dipped in butter... |
 |
| A dash of salt |
 |
| YUM YUM |
 |
| Chase LOVES corn... dig in kiddo |
And look who else enjoyed some corn. I quote him saying "it's a good mixture of sweet and salty." SCORE! I have been trying forever to get Kevin on board with my love for corn on the cob :). I am excited about fall because there are lots of fun things to explore. Marshmallow roasts, hay rides, apple orchards, apple cider, and fall festivals. I am also sad because I am not ready for summer to end. I have really fallen in love with Michigan in the summer and all the activities around us. I can only hope winter surprises me as much as Michigan as a whole has surprised me.
2 comments:
Oh, I am SURE winter will bring you surprises you had not anticipated!!! What a surprise to see KEVIN eating corn ON the cob!! Chase looks like a PRO! YUUUUMMMM!!! See you all soon! Grammie
OMG! I want some of that corn, it looks amazing!
Post a Comment