So I have completed phase 1 of my weight loss adventure. When I started this journey I registered with a friend for a race called the
Warrior Dash. At first nothing about this race worried me. I've done 5k races before. Then I studied the obstacles and quickly gained a little anxiety. This was however a good motivator for me helping get my butt out of bed every morning to run. Finally the race day arrived. This is a picture of the warriors pre-dash...
Yes I was wearing green fairy wings. I was really impressed at my ability to physically run the course. The obstacles were challenging but more than anything they were fun. At most of the obstacles you had to slow down to get through the people and since we were sticking together as a group we were waiting for each other at each stop. I would like to take on this challenge again next year and make a better attempt at a faster time.
 |
| When I got to this mud pit/barb wire obstacle I didn't realize the path dropped off and became deeper. I did a classic dive/belly flop into the mud :). |
We were covered in the mud to prove we ran the race. The mud was not really all that bad, it was the smell that I did not anticipate... horse poop. There were some very interesting costumes at the race as well....
 |
| I liked the men in the gold sports bras |
 |
| Wedding crashers |
If you watch one of my new favorite TV shows Extreme makeover weight loss edition, you know that I realize that phase 1 is typically the easiest. With the good eating and exercising, the weight has a tendency to come off easily. Now as I enter phase 2 I have to continue my focus and not allow myself to fall back into my old habits. Here is to the start of phase 2! You can check out the pictures taken by the professionals at the race here
Warrior dash pictures
5 comments:
Congrats Jenny! Looks like you had "fun." :)
That's so cool!! I hope to do the one in MN next summer :)
Congrats.... I hope phase 2 of the diet is over by the time we come visit and that phase 3 has BIRTHDAY CAKE on the list!!! GRAMMIE
Looks like in MI they have grey MUD, not red CLAY... Grammie
Wow! I am super impressed with you ... way to go!
Post a Comment