I know it sounds like I have been complaining about the lack of winter we have been having. Temps in the 40's and 50's and lots of sunshine, it has been a really nice winter and we have enjoyed it. However I have to admit that being in Michigan I was somewhat looking forward to seeing some snow and being able to do some "snow" things with the kids. (Please don't remind me of these comments when I am complaining in a couple of months.) Friday night we got what they called the first "big" snow for the winter. It really was pretty and caused a big mess on the roadways but only amounted to 2-4 inches. It was however enough snow for us to play in!
We had kitchen utensils, shovels, tractors, and dump trucks... all the essentials for snow play. Chase loved following animal tracks in the snow finding "clues" to solve the mystery of the tracks. FYI he concluded there was a monster in the tree. He didn't agree with me that it was a cat. Chase also loved playing in the snow piles left behind by the snow plow. It was really hard to get him to come back inside. Saturday afternoon our friends invited us to go sledding. After our first sledding adventure I figured that this would be the perfect chance to get Chase back on a sled. Two of his favorite friends and a smaller hill, here goes nothing...
Leah jumped right in. Then with the help of Seth's special sled, Chase finally started to love sledding....
So the magic in Seth's sled was that it came fully equipped with brakes and the ability to steer the sled. I have come to accept that my son, like most McMahan's, have a need to be in control :). The idea of flying down a hill out of control totally terrified him but as soon as he had the ability control his speed and where he was going, he was having the time of his life. Crazy kid!





2 comments:
Poor Leah... She needs her cheeks A&D on her nose and cheeks to play in the snow.... Glad chase found a magic sled that he loves.
I think Chase's Uncle Ryan is the exception to your rule. What's the fun in sledding as fast as you can down a snowy slope if you don't let go and see what happens? (For the record, I'm with Chase - brakes and the ability to steer are good things!)
Post a Comment