
I think they got to open more presents than Kevin did....


I decided to make Kevin a chocolate cake since he said he was craving chocolate. The cake was supper yummy but my decorating still needs some work...

We had a wonderful time celebrating as a family a man that deserves much more than we could ever give him. Fast forward to today (Sunday) and we left the kids with a babysitter and headed with some friends to Mexicantown for some authentic Mexican food. Nothing says "I love you" like taking your loved one downtown into the ghetto for his birthday, right? The drive to the restaurant was a little sketchy, I would have taken pictures but I didn't want to get shot. Once we pulled in the parking lot the restaurant was gated with its own security truck driving around the parking lot, so we felt pretty safe.


The food was so yummy, and we were so hungry, I neglected to take pictures before we started to eat.

Our fellow adventurers...

One of the me and the birthday boy...

After lunch we headed into the heart of Mexicantown and found a great coffee shop, Cafe con Leche, and the Mexicantown bakery for some yummy treats.

We didn't go to the Mexicantown lounge that is in the next picture but I wanted a picture of a sign that said Mexicantown so you all would know that I wasn't just making up the name of this area.

We had a great time eating some yummy mexican food and enjoyed a taste of a different culture. Happy Birthday Kevin!
No comments:
Post a Comment