Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter downfalls

Somewhere deep, deep, deep down inside of me I really like the Michigan winter. There is something that just feels right about there being snow on the ground during winter. I love how beautiful it looks falling from the sky and how bright it makes even the darkest night. I love how my hot coffee seems to taste even better in the bitter cold. I love how excited my children get about the snow and the pure joy they have playing in it and sledding.

However where there are ups there are always downs. With the snows comes bitter cold. The cold I can handle but often times it is accompanied with 10-30 mph winds that cut through you. With snow comes extra bundling up, which takes 10-20 minutes longer to get out the door. Those of you with kids already know how long it takes to get out the door. Then there is the muddy wet clothes which means more laundry, and muddy messes inside the house and inside the car. That brings me to the point of this blog post, the reason we could never live in the north permanently.






Kevin can't stand it! It is impossible to keep a car clean and they are not just the normal dirty, they are disgusting. So last week in the snow Kevin took maters into his own hands.






Ahhhh.... clean.



Yes that is a sheet of ice on the cars and yes he is crazy but man they look so much better, don't they (at least for the next 8-10 hours that they sit in the garage)?!?

4 comments:

Grammie said...

Poor guy...just can't escape that McMahan mentality, southern roots and caritis .....hang in there...June will be here before you know it!

Stephanie said...

My McHusband has never washed the cars while surrounded by snow, but he's braved near-freezing temps to get them clean. Must be a genetic thing... :)

Grammie said...

That ice layer sure does make them have a better than just waxed shine! Grammie

McHusband said...

Yeah, can't say I've done the snow thing but on quite a few occasions I've had to pull them into the garage to dry them off b/c the water was freezing to the sheet metal.

This is why people have beaters up north! :) Good luck.