Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy paczki day

I Love how culturally rich the Detroit area is. One of my new favorite "holiday's" is paczki day. What is that you ask? A paczki is a super delicious jelly or custard filled doughnut.






YUMMY! Historically, Paczki day or Fat Tuesday was an opportunity for Polish Catholics to eat all the sugar, eggs and lard in their house before Lent. Whether Catholic or not, however, Detroiters know a good holiday when they taste it and this is one of those days when I am happy to currently be a Detroiter! I will not reveal how many I ate but lets just say they were unbelievably yummy. I will miss them next year!




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmm, I could get behind this holiday! I think it's one you need to bring south when you guys get back here.

Grammie said...

Wouldn't your Grandmother or mother have a recipe for these..was your mother not a Polish Catholic? Yum..you need to ask..then you CAN make them!