Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moving part 4- the whole family

After our busy week in Michigan of working out all the logistics of our move, Kevin and I flew back to Charlotte to pick up the kids and dogs to head to our new home. 
Chase, equipped with his new DVD player, was ready before we even got out of the driveway.  We didn't have grand expectations about this trip with two dogs and two kiddo's but were pleasantly surprised at how well everyone did. Chase was great with his DVD player. The only downside was the occasional scream of excitement that would wake Leah up from her sleep.  Leah enjoyed endless games of Peek a boo and non stop snacks all day long. We left for this trip on Sunday morning (AKA mothers day) around 9:00 am.  I have to say there was not greater reminder that I am MOMMY than being in the car with your kids for 12 hours.  They did make it very special for me. Chase wished me Happy Mothers day several times through out the day and at our lunch stop they gave me a very special gift. 
Ok so I know that picture doesn't tell you much but I got a new CAMERA!!! Not just any camera but a Canon EOS Rebel T1i/500D.  I am so excited!!!! This is something that I have wanted for a long time. Luckily, Kevin also got me the "for Dummies" manual to go with the camera so I can really learn how to use it.  While I was trying to figure out things on the camera Chase was having fun with the bubble wrap.This is actually him trying to be quiet with the bubble wrap after being fussed at for annoying everyone around us.
After he was all out of bubbles to pop he moved on to other things to play with....
Leah had a little lunch with her Daddy...
The last two pictures were the first snaps with my new camera!!!  Once we had sufficiently annoyed everyone at the McDonalds we loaded back up in the car for the second half of our trip.  We finally made it to the apartment around 9:30 pm and Chase was so excited.  He immediately got into his toy box. These were toys that I had boxed up over a month ago that were put away for the move. 

It was hard to get him settled down and into bed and Leah had trouble with her new surroundings as well. Eventually though everyone was settled in and asleep.  Until those moments though, Kevin and I had forgotten about the woes of  apartment living.  The next day I ran into our downstairs neighbor and I apologized about the night before and her response was "I could tell you were trying."  GREAT they really can hear everything and I am sure will be very glad when we are gone 4 weeks. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous of your new camera! Hmm, if I have a baby, can I get a new camera, too? Now THAT might be just the reason I was waiting for. :)

Glad things seem to be going so well up there!

The Carters said...

So glad ya'll made it safe and sound! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you find to do up there :)

Grammie said...

I think maybe we can fix A. Stephie up with a camera ............Grammie!!