Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

We hope everyone had a safe and fun filled 4th of July! The morning of the 4th we loaded up the car....




(Kevin is determined to make his Jetta a utility vehicle) and we headed to....



Our awesome friends Diana and Brooklyn have a family cabin in the upper peninsula and invited us and some other friends to spend the week of the 4th with them. The cabin is a rustic two bedroom cabin and staying at the cabin was 8 adults and 6 children all under the age of 4. Sounds fun doesn't it? Well it actually was very fun even though the sleeping quarters were a little tight.









It is a pretty cool place. Above was our quarters for our stay and the kids did not miss a beat with their new sleeping arrangement.



They are so sweet when they are sleeping! When we arrived at the cabin on the 4th we headed down to the beach for some playtime. I will have some beach pictures soon to share once I get them from Diana. After dinner we gathered up the crew and walked down to get some icecream.









YUM! After ice cream Kevin and I wanted to take the kids to see fireworks so Diana joined us as we walked a mile down the road to set up camp to see some fireworks. Leah and Brooks didn't quite make it until the fireworks started...






Poor babies! Diana headed back with Brooks and we continued to wait on the fireworks.



The moon was really beautiful over the water as we waited for darkness. We were very glad we waited because the fireworks did not disappoint.



Happy 4th of July everyone, more of our trip to come soon!

5 comments:

Grammie said...

Doesn't look
Ike Grammie needs to get the twin beds....glad you had a good time. Grammie

McHusband said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Two things I noticed:

1) Looks like everybody had lots of fun!

2) Kevin needs a bigger vehicle, lol. I hear Jeep makes this cool, quick, version of their Grand Cherokee... and it even comes with AWD for those pesky MI winters! ;) And I don't want to hear it about gas mileage, you drive 3 miles to work!

Kevin said...

Ryan,

Just let me know when you tire of that Jeep in about 6 months and are ready to move on to the next vehicle and maybe we can work out a deal :-).

Ryan said...

Anything is possible! :) And by that I mean me selling it... certainly not you buying it, that's inconceivable!!! But I'll keep you posted just in case pigs fly in the coming year. ;)