Sunday, July 29, 2012

Maker faire

Saturday afternoon we decided to head to the Henry Ford Museum to check out the Maker Faire. The maker faire was a two day event that featured art, engineering, music, crafts, and technology projects in the DIY fashion. The place was pretty busy but had some pretty neat things to see. There was robotics...


Legos....


Marshmallow shooters....


Video games...



There was so much we could have never seen it all and that was inside the museum. The full attraction was set up outside in the parking lot.



There were a lot of fun bikes that you could try riding. The line was pretty long so we decided not to try ourselves but they were pretty cool.






Since Kevin didn't want to wait in the line for the big bikes he decided to have a little fun in the kid area...



The double bike with Chase was a little awkward and I think Chase was scared for his life. Chase did find some fun activities for himself. He practiced ball balancing...


and Leah even tried her hand at bike riding...


We managed to catch the demonstration of the life size mouse trap. You remember that game as a kid where you would set up the trap. I don't remember ever really playing the game just setting up the trap and trying to get it to work...









We also enjoyed the power wheels races...






Chase said he wanted to "fix up" his power wheel. I think it is fast enough just the way it is. Kevin found his favorite feature of the show...












My favorite feature of the day was the coke zero and mentos demonstration....



It is true if you put mentos in warm coke it will explode and if you are creative enough you can make a pretty cool show out of it. We saw so much more than I can mention here, it was a long but fun day for all.

2 comments:

Uncle Ryan said...

I'm not a huge fan of the "normal" Ford Five Hundred but I'll take one of those! :)

Grammie said...

I am glad I sent you that link from Pure Michigan....looked like lots of fun for all! But I can tell Leah was HOT! Grammie