Monday, January 28, 2013

Auto show

This past Saturday we were able to go to the North American international Auto Show. Last year Kevin and I went without the kids and we were exhausted because there is so much to see and it is so large. So this year we thought we would cause ourselves even greater exhaustion and bring the kids!




To be honest, the kids were great! They bounced around from car to car and really enjoyed everything there was to see. The hardest part was parking and walking about a half a mile outside in the cold) to the Cobo center.



Since we were bringing the kids we decided to go on a Saturday and of course choose the busiest Saturday with record attendance of around 113,000 people....






The kids of course didn't mind, they were ready to jump in some cars and see what they had to offer.



Leah insisted on buckling up in every car, safety first right?




Chase followed in the McMahan footsteps and was already dreaming.....




I'm surprised he didn't jump on Craigslist when we got home to start looking :).




Chase also got to sit in "his car" which is the Fiat 500. Last year when we were downtown Detroit they had these on display and we joked that they were just his size and ever since then it has become "his car".








It was a super fun family day and we got to see lots of fun cars. My #1 favorite was the Audi Q7 and my #2 was the Toyota Sienna (exciting right?!) Now for all you car people out there I will post some of the pictures Kevin captured....




















Ryan, I think the next one was for you....




Kevin dreaming of what he would like his next car to be....
















The new corvette stingray....




Whew! That's a lot of pictures and that only shows about a quarter of what we saw. I think all of our legs were tired by the time we made it to the other side of the convention center but really enjoyed everything there was to see.

1 comment:

Unlce Ryan said...

Looks like fun!

And while I like the Jeep I'll take the CTS-V wagon as well. :) I think when you guys move back to SC Kevin and I should split the cost of one of these bad boys and each get it 6 months out of the year. ;)

And what was the white convertible Chase was sitting in, couldn't quite tell? BMW?