When I look at the calendar it seems that summer is already over before it has really started. Activities, camps, vacation, trips, bible school... it's all good stuff and fun stuff but when there seems to be something every day taking up every week on the calendar the summer seems to already be over. When I started looking at everything that would be going on I knew that we had to fit in some fun trips to Grandma and Grandpa's to take advantage of their pool, and spend some time with them too of course.
This pool my parents got when I was around 10 years old. On thing that has really changed over the years is the trees surrounding the pool have grown, 23 years worth of growth and now their pool only gets a few hours of sun each day. Meaning their pool stays pretty cool.
The kids did manage to get in but there were a little hesitant the first day. They were more ready to get out and snuggle up...
Sometimes when I find them like this I am reminded that they really do love each other. My mom had been dying to give Henley a bath in the sinks and sure enough she fit pretty perfectly and loved her sink bath...
The next day we took a trip to target and let the kids pick out a float each and for some reason that made jumping in the pool and swimming a lot more fun for them....
They didn't seem to mind the cold as much! Chase even helped me vacuum the pool, for about 10 seconds :)....
I did get in the pool with Henley for a little while and she loved swimming and was not bothered one bit by the fact that the water was freezing! I of course didn't get any pictures of her swimming because I had to hold on tightly to that little wild thing. Henley also loved sitting on the deck with Grandma and petting the cats...
She also loved sitting in Grandma's chair and spinning and writing all over Grandma's note pads...
In their non swimming time the kids loved playing with play dough....
And sitting in Grandpa's lap...
Henley in all her cuteness....
Henley enjoyed her chocolate chip pancakes (only the 3rd child)....
I should note that she is eating blueberries between her chocolate chip pancakes...
Grandpa put together with Chase a really cool Super hero lego set and Chase had a lot of fun playing with it...
Henley enjoyed playing play dough with Grandpa....
And Chase has mastered the art of photo bombing....
We had a great time spending time with Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for putting up with us!!!
1 comment:
I want to give Henley a sink bath too!
Post a Comment