Last Friday 5/27/11 was the day we had been waiting to arrive! I don't mean to sound like a whiner but we had been four weeks with only suitcases and a few misc. items that we brought with us. We were ready to feel like we were at home again. Now that the day was finally here the movers arrived that morning with a tractor trailer full of our stuff.
Here are some pictures of the place from the night before before we moved our stuff into the condo. Calling it a condo makes it sound small but it really is quite big. We have four bedrooms and three bathrooms with one bedroom in a finished basement.
| Eat in Kitchen |
| Play room off the living room |
| Master Bedroom |
| Upstairs hallway - Overlooks living room to one side and kitchen to the other |
| Living room |
| Leah's room |
Chase spent most of the morning watching PBS on a TV that the landlord left for us. Leah took her morning nap “on the go”
After lunch I took the kids back to the apartment for their afternoon naps. The movers seemed to be taking their dear, sweet time unloading so I wasn't afraid of missing anything. They were supposed to unpack the boxes but at the rate they were moving there was no way that was going to happen. When the Kids and I returned after naps the movers were done and this is how the house looked....
| Living room |
| Kitchen |
| Master Bedroom |
| Master Bathoom |
| Play room |
| Chase's room |
| Leah's room |
| Living room |
| Looking down on playroom/living room |
Once the kids were in bed Kev and I tackled the kitchen trying to get at least one room in the house settled. As we opened boxes and looked around we unfortunately found some casualties of war....
| China Cabinet |
| Chip and dip |
| Keyboard |
I think overall we were lucky with just a few broken items and I think one missing box (a few random items are missing). Hopefully the claims process will not be terribly difficult. The first night we stayed up until 1:00 am unpacking boxes, scrubbing cabinets/drawers, organizing, and not feeling like we were making even a little dent. We finally gave in for the night and headed to bed. More to come soon.
2 comments:
Glad you started with the FUN part!! Grammie
Anonymous is back... It looks like a very spacious place. Like Chase's bed!! Love to all - Grammie
Post a Comment