Friday, June 3, 2011

Breaking the Silence

Whew! Sorry for the long time passed since my last post but it has been a crazy busy week and I finally have Internet in our new house so I can tell you all about it! So hold on tight... I have a lot of catching up to do!

Before I tell you all about the crazy details of our move I want to skip ahead to our “fun” adventure on Memorial day. We had been unloading, un-boxing, cleaning, putting away, and organizing for three days straight with only a few hours break to sleep, so we decided to take an advantage on the first nice day we have had seen since we got here by taking the boat out for a ride. The lake we decided to venture to is called Orchard lake and is fairly small but beautiful. 


Crystal clear water
Now it wouldn't be a McMahan boating trip without a little drama. Being Memorial day, the boat ramp was a little busy. The bigger picture problem was that there was not enough parking for the truck and boat trailer once the boat was in the water. There was no park ranger in site so unsure what to do Kevin pulled the truck in the grass and parked. Now normally this would have been an excellent idea but I want to insert the fact that we have had 3 weeks straight of rain. Once he got down to the boat someone was about to pull out so he went back to move the truck so that he would be legally parked. Of course the truck would not move and when he got out to see why he found the passenger rear tire completely sunk in the mud. I wish I had a picture to share with you but if you can imagine it was not a picture perfect moment. So while the kids and I waded in the water, Kevin luckily found someone to help pull the truck out of the mud and find a real parking place. And it was a good thing because when we got back from boating the park ranger was there and more than ready to ticket the people who pulled in the grass.

Well once drama was over we had wonderful time checking out the lake. Leah and Chase had fun sporting their new sun glasses.  

The lake has an area where the bottom is soft and sandy which makes it a perfert place to anchor for lunch and swimming.


Chase loved his "armies" for swimming


After lunch and swimming Leah snuggled up for a quick nap while we took one more spin around the lake to marvel at the beautiful houses and pretty water. I hope everyone else had a nice Memorial Day maybe with a little less drama :).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAYYYY !! You are BACK posting!!! Looks like the Christmas boating bag is being put to good use! Hope those sunglasses are as great as they seemed to be! Looks like you had a wonderful day despite the "drama"!!! LOVE that CLEAR water!! Hugs to all --- GRAMMIE

Ryan said...

You've only been there a couple of weeks, not an ounce of snow has fallen yet and you're already needing 4 wheel drive! :) It's gonna be a long winter. Looks like a lot of fun out on the water though.