So far I have really enjoyed living in Michigan. Anything and everything that I could possibly want or need is well within a 20 minute radius of our house (without traffic that is). Driving around town is pretty simple as well because the city is set up on a grid. It is not like most cities where roads change names 6,000 times and intersect in crazy ways. This is good for me because I am what Kevin calls "directionally challenged".
The down side is that since the city is on a grid when people around here are giving you directions they really tell you what direction to go in... ie: go west on 12 mile road and then go north on haggerty rd. WHAT?!? Rewind now I need landmarks and right and lefts. I came from Anderson SC where I worked in homecare and people gave me directions based on the old oak tree on the corner of Billy Bob's farm next to the old gas station.
Yesterday a friend invited us to go to a place called Pump it up. It is one of those indoor bounce places and we eagerly accepted the offer. The only down side is that it is in a neighboring town and I was going to have to take the interstates to get there. I typed that right, it is interstates around here. The most confusing part about driving up here is that everyone uses the interstates because they are so accessible and there are so many of them that intersect at different locations. Just to get to a place 15 minutes away I was going to have to take M5 to 275 to 696 to 96.
CRAZY. All I have to say is that I am thankful for Jill (AKA my GPS). Without her I would still be lost :). With all that said... Chase had a wonderful time and here are some pictures from our adventure.

3 comments:
Being directionally challenged must run in the family (Is that possible when we're related by our husbands?) cuz I fall into that category, too! :) And I'm totally on your side - don't tell me which compass direction to go, I need a street name and left or right. Landmarks are a plus.
Anyone else wish there was a blow-up place like this for adults? When adults go to padded indoor spaces, it's not usually voluntary...
I am not so sure it is a "family" thing but I DO suffer from it myself! Maybe we could blame it on male/female differences??? Who wouldn't rather look for Golden Arches that can be seen from some distance than a street SIGN that might not EVEN be there, or you can only read it as you pass under it!!!???
I am just glad you made it and everyone had a good time... looks like a Monkey Joe's to me! FUN Grammie
Girl, just looking at that map makes me hyperventilate. I am awful with directions! I have no idea how I ever survived living in DFW without a GPS! I am so lost without it now! So glad you guys are doing well and enjoying all the fun stuff of a big city!
Post a Comment